Air China is among the big three mainland Chinese airlines. It has carried around 102 million passengers, including both domestic and international, as per 2017 data. The airline has a hub in Beijing’s capital international airport. It is often en route to North America, Europe, South America, Australia, and Africa. Being one of the top airlines, they provide a satisfactory service to their passengers. After introducing the Air China Cancellation Policy, travelers get the relief that they can now cancel the booking if required. Though a specific fee is charged, something is always better than nothing!
Air China Cancellation Policy – Refund Eligibility Guidelines
Air China refunds passengers who meet the requirements according to the Air China cancellation policy will be provided refund as the airline regulates the rules under the refund policy.
- Suppose the booking is made online, over a phone call from Air China Reservations, or at the airport counter. The refund can be availed online to the passengers.
- No refund will be provided to the passengers who book their flight and do not cancel their reservation or the passengers who, after check-in, do not come for the flight.
- The refund will be processed on the same credit card if the passenger has paid via credit card and cancels the ticket. Yet, if the payment has been made via cash, the airport executive will contact the passenger and initiate the amount in their given account.
- In the refund policy, the service charge will not be refunded. Hence the refund amount takes 7-20 days of a process to show in your account.
- If passengers have insured their tickets while booking, the total amount will be refunded to the account.
- While booking the tickets, there is an option for refundable or non-refundable tickets. If the passenger has chosen non-refundable, no refund will be provided after the cancellation.
- Air China Economy special ticket cancellation refund depends upon the current regulations by airlines. As these special tickets set different rates and packages, you will receive a refund accordingly.
For any other assistance, you can check the official site of Air China Airlines or directly contact by dialing +861095583.
Air China 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The cancellation can be done within 24 hours of booking without any extra charge. One can cancel the booking just before an hour of flight time, but a particular amount will be deducted. There are different cancellation fees for other locations or classes.
Some of the crucial points:
- While booking the flight, do check the cancellation fee of the airlines
- Cancellation fees will be applied when you cancel the booking.
- In emergency conditions or for armed forces deployment, Air China Airlines might renounce the fee.
For further elaboration, in this policy, one is liable to get the total amount of the booking if the tickets get cancelled within 24 hours of booking, though the departure should be after 7 days of the booking. The policy is applicable for all types of fares.
Air China Cancellation Fees
For every flight, the Air China cancellation policy also has a provision for charging a cancellation fee.
|Cancellation time||cancellation fee|
|Within 24 hours of booking||$0|
|60+- days of booking||$0|
|31-59 days before departure||$69|
|7-30 days before departure||$99|
|6 days- 1 hour of departure||$119|
Ways To Cancel An Air China Flight Ticket
There are three ways from which you can cancel an Air China flight which are mentioned in the Air China cancellation policy. You can either cancel your booking online via the Air China Manage Booking facility or request cancellation over the phone or directly at the airport.
Cancel Air China Flight Online
1. First, log in to your account on the Air China website.
2. Choose Language then click on the Check My Booking button. Fill in the required details then click on the Retrieve option.
3. Find the flight booking that you want to cancel.
4. By clicking on cancel the booking, the booking will be cancelled further; apply for the cancellation process and apply for a refund.
5. A mail confirming the cancellation on your registered mail address will be dropped.
Call Air China Representative To Request Cancellation
One can cancel the booking by calling the Air China reservation department. Some basic details will be shared, like reservation number, your name, and departure date. The executive will assist after canceling the flight for the refund process. Hence, the confirmation will be mailed to your registered email address.
Cancel Air China Flight Directly At The Airport
One can go directly to the Air China booking counter to cancel the booking of the flight. This can be the best way if the plan changes at the last moment.
See also: How To Change Name On Air China Ticket?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel the Air China flight ticket?
Indeed, Air China gives the option to cancel the ticket through both online and offline methods. If the tickets are booked through other travel agents, the cancellation will only be done through them.
Can I get my refund without registration?
Yes, the tickets are cancelled within 24 hours of booking, one can quickly get a total refund by filling out a refund form, and in 48 hours, the amount will reflect in your account. Some details might be asked to give back the amount in your account.
What is the procedure for Air China cancellation policy from Canada/US?
Air China operates in Canada almost weekly with 10 non-stop flights. Yet, the policy is the same for all countries. If the tickets are cancelled within 24 hours of booking, you are liable to get a refund. However, a specific cancellation fee will be deducted if you cancel the tickets after 24 hours of booking.
What happens when Air China cancels a flight?
According to the Air China cancellation policy, if the flight is cancelled by the airline for any reason. The airline is liable to provide you with a total refund amount or an alternative flight according to your requirements.
How to get a refund from Air China?
Refunds are provided by the airlines online or offline both ways. If the passengers want a refund online, they can directly visit the official website and apply for a refund after the cancellation. A form has to be filled out related to your booking. If the passenger wants to call directly to the airport staff, they can apply for a refund over the phone by giving them details about the reservation. Hence, an executive will ask about your preferred account where the refund can be processed.
What is the 24-hour cancellation policy?
In this policy, one is liable to get the total amount of the booking if the tickets get cancelled within 24 hours of booking, though the departure should be after 7 days of the booking. The policy is applicable for all types of fares.
What is the cancellation fee if tickets are cancelled before 1 hour of departure?
If the tickets are cancelled just before an hour of departure, you will be charged $119.
What are the methods for canceling Air China flight tickets?
There are three ways to cancellation
- Online process
- Offline process
- At the airport
How can I avoid the cancellation fee?
There are some ways by which cancellation fees can be avoided.
- Book a refundable ticket
- See offers while booking through a credit card
- Change dates instead of canceling
- Use the 24-hour booking rule
In how many days will the refund come?
It would take approximately 7-20 days to reflect the refund amount in your account.
Can Air China Airlines cancel the flight?
Indeed, the airlines can also cancel the flight. Therefore, it rarely happens due to weather conditions or some aircraft mishap.
What are the cancellation charges if I cancel a flight before 40 days of traveling?
One will be charged $99 if the cancellation is done before 40 days of traveling.