Last updated on October 28th, 2022 at 12:24 am
Is your current Finnair reservation not working for you? Then, make changes to your reservation using the Finnair manage booking feature. Alternatively, you can purchase additional services through this section.
So, to know how to access the manage booking feature, read this blog thoroughly.
What Are the Benefits of Finnair Manage Booking?
- Check details for your flight any time before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Manage your travel needs online.
- Saves money and time by adding extra amenities before the scheduled take-off.
- Prepare and plan your flight early.
- Check all the essential notifications online.
How To Use Finnair Manage Booking Feature?
- First of all, search Finnair on any web browser.
- Then, search for the ‘Manage’ feature on the home screen under the manage booking tab.
- Click on the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Afterward, you have to enter your personal details like your family name and booking reference id.
- Click on the search tab to retrieve your booking.
- Now, a new page with your existing booking will appear on your screen.
- Click on the booking and make your desired changes.
- Make the payment if required.
- At last, you will receive the confirmation on your registered mail address or contact number.
What Are the Different Amenities You Can Manage on Finnair Manage Booking Portal?
Every airline offers multiple options to its customer, which a flyer can use using the process of Finnair manage booking feature. Therefore, before adding any extra amenity to your reservation, go through the multiple services given below:
- Pre-select seat.
- Additional baggage.
- Pre-order beverages and meals.
- Lounge Access.
- Add wifi.
- Change flight.
- Rebook flight.
- Name/date change.
- Cancel Flight.
- Seat selection.
- Request a refund.
- Pet on board.
Finnair Manage Booking Policies
Every airline in business has its different policies. Therefore, before you make any changes, go through the policies given below:
- The airline will not charge any fee for passengers who change their flight within 24 hours of booking.
- If a traveler changes a flight after 24 hours of booking, then he has to bear the flight change fee.
- Flight change is eligible on every flight booked through Finnair’s official site and customer support.
- As per the airline, the passenger traveling with Finnair is not allowed to transfer the ownership of the ticket.
- Flight change is not allowed after the scheduled departure. In case of a missed flight, it will be counted as a No show.
Name Change Policy
- All reservations made through Finnair’s official site or customer care are eligible for a name change.
- As per the airline, the passenger’s name on the ticket should match the name on the passport to travel hassle-free.
- Passengers can change their name only under legal circumstances due to marriage or divorce by submitting an authorized document.
- A passenger must submit the document while making a reservation if he has multiple first names.
- The airline doesn’t allow transferring the ticket to another passenger under any circumstances.
- Travelers need to pay a minimal amount of fee, including the service charge for the name change.
- The airline allows for correcting up to 3 characters in the name change of the passenger.
- For name correction, a passenger has to pay a charge of $25.
- For a name change, a passenger has to pay a fee of $400.
- Passengers can select a seat by paying a minimal amount when making a reservation or after using the Finnair manage booking portal.
- The airline will refund the seat selection fee if a passenger cannot sit on his preferred seat because of the Finnair.
- The airline will not refund the seat selection fee if you cancel the flight or you are not suitable to sit on your selected seat as per the guidelines of Finnair.
- In case of upgradation of travel class, the passenger will automatically receive a refund for the seat selection.
- Passengers can select their seats when making online check-in 36 or 24 hours before the scheduled take-off.
- In case a passenger who hasn’t selected a seat will get a seat from the side of the airline at the time of check-in.
- In case a family is traveling with children under 12 years of age and hasn’t selected a seat, then the airline will a lot a seat according to the family preference.
Finnair has a different baggage policy for both carry-on and checked-in baggage. Therefore, before flying with Finnair, read below the dimensions and number of bags allowed per passenger.
|Cabin Classes||No. Of Bags Per Passenger||Dimensions|
|Economy & Premium Economy Class||1 carry-on baggage and 1 personal item||Max combined weight-8kgs. Carry-On: 55X40X23cms Personal item: 40X30X15cms|
|Business Class||2 carry-on baggage and 1 personal item||Max combined weight-10kgs. Carry-On: 55X40X23cms Personal Item: 40X30X15cms|
|Type Of Seat||Flights From/To|
|Cuba & Asia||North America|
|Economy Light||NA||1st bag: $60 2nd bag: $100|
|Economy Basic||1st bag: Free 2nd bag: $100 3rd bag: $200||1st bag: Free 2nd bag: $100 3rd bag: $200|
|Economy Flexible||1st & 2nd bag: Free 3rd bag: $200||1st: Free 2nd bag: $100 3rd bag: $200|
|Business Class||3 bags for free 4th bag: $200||1st & 2nd bag: Free 3rd bag: $200|
- Passengers traveling with Business class are allowed to carry 32kgs per passenger as checked-in luggage.
- Passengers traveling within any economy class can carry 23kgs per passenger as checked-in luggage.
- The dimensions for both classes should not exceed the length and width of 158cms.
Finnair Cancelation Policy
- Passengers with nonrefundable tickets can cancel or make desired changes to their tickets but are not eligible for any refunds.
- In case of changing flights for non-refundable tickets, travelers have to pay the difference in fare and the fee for the flight change.
- On canceling the non-refundable tickets, a passenger will receive the refund in the form of a travel credit voucher.
- If a passenger has booked the award ticket using the miles, then the miles will be refunded to the passenger’s airline miles account in case of cancelation.
- In case a passenger has booked the ticket 7 days before the scheduled departure and cancels it a few hours before the scheduled departure, then the passenger has to pay the cost for cancelation.
- Cancelations made within 24 hours of booking are eligible for a full refund in the original mode of payment.
- Cancelations made after 24 hours of booking are not eligible for a full refund. Therefore, the passenger will be levied the cancelation charges.
- Passengers can claim a full refund if they cannot travel because of sudden sickness, death, or accident.
- Travelers who have added extra amenities such as additional baggage, meals, seats, and many more can claim a refund if they cancel the ticket.
- A pregnant lady traveling with Finnair can cancel the ticket and can claim a full refund if she has any complications in the 36th week.
Finnair Cancelation Fees
- Passengers will not be charged any fees if the cancelation is made within 24 hours of booking.
- The passenger who has booked their ticket 15 days before the scheduled departure and cancels the ticket 7 hours before the scheduled departure will not have to pay any cancelation fees.
- If a passenger has booked a non-refundable ticket early enough, he can cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking to avoid cancelation fees.
- If a passenger cancels the non-refundable ticket after 24 hours of booking or just before the scheduled departure, then the airline will charge a fee between $100 – $500.
- If a passenger has a risk-free period for cancelation, then he/she can cancel the ticket 7 hours before the scheduled departure to avoid all the cancelation charges. call the Finnair helpline number.
- As per Finnair, all tickets are refundable if they are canceled within 24 hours of booking.
- Travelers traveling with Finnair can easily apply for a refund by filling out the refund request form on the manage booking portal.
- The airline takes approximately 7-10 business days to complete the refund process.
- The airline also offers compensation to its passenger with a full refund in case of flight cancellation is done from the end of the airline.
- The passenger will get a refund back to the original mode of payment.
- Passengers will get a refund via a voucher or into their miles account for nonrefundable tickets.
As mentioned above, you can manage your booking by logging in to the manage booking portal. Afterward, make desired changes to your reservation, like flight change, cancelation, seat selection, and many more.
The booking reference number is of 6 letters which can be either numbers or characters from 2-9. Therefore, you can find your reference number on your e-ticket.
As noted above, flyers can check in in multiple ways, like using the mobile app, via the airline’s official site, at the airport desk, and contacting customer support.
More Helpful Guide –